Photo by Tammy Moynihan
Keshequa's Josiah Scott has the Indians off to a great start this fall.
LCN Super-5 Boys Soccer Rankings
LCN Super 5
Boys Soccer Rankings
1. Livonia (10-0-0)- Bulldogs, who are currently ranked No. 2 in the state in Class B, have outscored their opponents 51-2 this fall, and have only had one tough game all season in OT victory over Avon. This team has plenty of depth with Andrew Freeman, Brandon Holley, Mitch Kinney, Cam French, Divonte Geiger and Cody Cronmiller leading the charge. Lack of regular season competition could be Bulldogs’ biggest concern when they get to sectionals.
2. Keshequa (9-0-1)- Heading into Thursday’s match-up with Pavilion, undefeated Indians have outscored their opponents 29-4, including their convincing 3-0 victory over Geneseo. Senior forward Josiah Scott (13 goals) is one of the LCAA’s most explosive players.
3. Hornell (9-0-1)- Red Raiders face stiff test Thursday when they host Livonia on the Maple City Stadium carpet. Hornell has been anything but overpowering as they have won five games by just one goal. A win over Livonia could change that.
4. Geneseo (8-1-0)- Blue Devils got off to a slow start but have rolled off six straight W’s since their loss to Keshequa, outscoring those opponents 21-4. Juniors Bryan Rollins and Mo Carlon are their go-to players with each scoring nine goals.
5. Avon (7-3-1)- Defending LCAA D-II champions are playing well this fall outscoring opponents 22-8 with Matt Sancilio (8G, 5A) and Gretar Gudmundsson (5G, 4A) leading the offense. All three of Avon’s losses (Livonia, Geneseo, Keshequa) have all come by just one goal.