Photo by Michael Johnson
York's Brett Curtis and the Golden Knights are this week's LCN Fab Five No. 1 team after handing Hornell their first 'L' of the season. Curtis, a senior guard, has been playing well at both ends of the floor says head coach Eddie Orman Jr.
Fab Five Basketball Rankings
Fab Five Boys Basketball Rankings
(As of Jan. 27, 2013)
1. York (11-2)- Huge road win over previously unbeaten Hornell puts Golden Knights in this week’s top spot. This team is starting to click on all cylinders with Shutts (17.6 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 4.3 apg); Short (10.8 ppg, 7.2 rpg); Curry (8.8 ppg, 7.2 rpg) and defensive stopper Curtis (5.2 ppg). Curtis has held Perry’s Ricotta (15 points); M-M’s Milford (12) and Hornell’s Reinhart (11) way below their season average in last three games.
2. Hornell (10-1)- Battled back from 18-point second half deficit to lose by three against York Friday night. A loss before sectionals might be the best thing that happened to this very athletic squad.
3. Cal-Mum (11-1)- Red Raiders face a stiff test on the road Tuesday at Geneseo. Three players are averaging double figures in scoring including Gaffney (18.4 ppg); Suhr (14.3 ppg) and Kline (11.3 ppg).
4. Geneseo (10-2)- Blue Devils played poorly in Friday night road loss at Warsaw, a team they beat 72-44 earlier in the season. Blue Devils will be hitting the toughest part of their schedule with games coming up against Cal-Mum, Perry and York.
5. Perry (10-3)- Huge road victory at Avon Friday night with Ricotta netting 34 points including game winning shot with 10 seconds left. Still missing the services of PG Dillon. If he returns this squad can make a serious run in tough sectional bracket.
Honorable Mention- Avon (8-6).